View Barnstable eNews HERE
View the new Barnstable eNews Website HERE
THE COTUIT WATER DEPARTMENT HAS DECLARED A STATE OF WATER SUPPLY CONSERVATION
• Please avoid all outside water use between the hours of 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
• Residents living in homes on the odd numbered sides of the street are asked to water lawns and gardens on odd numbered days only.
• Residents living on even numbered sides of the street are asked to water lawns and gardens on even numbered days only.
• Water only when necessary. Be aware of advance weather forecasts, adjust your schedule for wind and rain to minimize water consumption.
• Maintain your lawn at a height of at least two (2) inches to protect the roots and retain soil moisture.
• Install rain shutoff devices on automatic irrigation systems, check moisture sensor controls for proper operation.
• Replace or repair broken or missing sprinkler heads.
• Water conservation kits are available at no charge, upon request.
IMPLEMENTING THESE IMPORTANT CONSERVATION MEASURES COULD HELP TO AVOID A MANDATORY WATER BAN ENFORCED BY MASSDEP.
PLEASE USE WATER WISELY!