Today is the day we formally express our thanks, with gratitude and in remembrance, of the men and women having selflessly given their lives, honoring us, and the freedoms won. If we fail to remember and honor these brave men and women, we’re likely to forget their great sacrifices; let us not forget.
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA 316 AM EST Sun Feb 7 2021 MAZ017>022-RIZ002>007-071630- /O.CON.KBOX.WS.W.0003.210207T1200Z-210208T0600Z/ Northern Bristol MA-Western Plymouth MA-Eastern Plymouth MA- Southern Bristol MA-Southern Plymouth MA-Barnstable MA- Southeast Providence RI-Western Kent RI-Eastern Kent RI- Bristol RI-Washington RI-Newport RI- Including the cities of Taunton, Brockton, Plymouth, Fall River, New Bedford, Mattapoisett, Chatham, Falmouth, Provincetown, Providence, Coventry, West Greenwich, East Greenwich, Warwick, West Warwick, Bristol, Narragansett, Westerly, and Newport 316 AM EST Sun Feb 7 2021
..WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 1 AM EST MONDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of southeastern Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island.
* WHEN…From 7 AM this morning to 1 AM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. Wet snow may result in isolated power outages if the higher amounts are realized.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow overspreads the region this morning and continues through the afternoon. The snow may begin as a brief period of rain before changing to snow.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
VIEW FORECAST HERE