Today is the day we formally express our thanks, with gratitude and in remembrance, of the men and women having selflessly given their lives, honoring us, and the freedoms won. If we fail to remember and honor these brave men and women, we’re likely to forget their great sacrifices; let us not forget.
Winter Storm Watch
for Barnstable County
Issued by National Weather Service
2:54 AM EST Thu, Feb 24, 2022
…WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING…
* WHAT…Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…The south coasts of both Rhode Island and Massachusetts including Cape Cod.
* WHEN…From late tonight through Friday evening.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be be very difficult especially for the Friday morning commute. A flash freeze is possible later Friday afternoon and early evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow will overspread the region between 1 and 3 am Friday morning. The snow will quickly become heavy, but change to sleet and rain by early to mid morning on Friday. Precipitation may change back to a period of snow later Friday afternoon and early evening along with a potential flash freeze.
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
VIEW FORECAST HERE
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA 320 PM EST Thu Jan 27 2022 MAZ017>023-280430- /O.CON.KBOX.WS.A.0005.220129T0500Z-220130T0500Z/ Northern Bristol MA-Western Plymouth MA-Eastern Plymouth MA- Southern Bristol MA-Southern Plymouth MA-Barnstable MA-Dukes MA- Including the cities of Taunton, Brockton, Plymouth, Fall River, New Bedford, Mattapoisett, Chatham, Falmouth, Provincetown, and Vineyard Haven 320 PM EST Thu Jan 27 2022 ...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING... * WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 15 to 22 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. * WHERE...Portions of southeastern Massachusetts. * WHEN...From late Friday night through Saturday evening. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
VIEW FORECAST HERE